General Privacy Notice
Your personal data – what is it?
1. “Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, email or postal address). Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Who am I?
2. This General Privacy Notice is provided to you by My Private Therapist, who is the Data Controller for the personal data it holds about you. This means I am responsible to you for how I process your data. A description of what data is processed and for what purpose is set out below.
What data do I process?
3. I process the following data:
• Names and titles;
• Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses;
• I may process demographic information such as gender, disability, ethnic origin, and religion;
How do I process your personal data?
4. I will comply with legal obligations to keep your personal data up-to-date; to store and destroy it securely; to not collect or retain excessive amounts of data; to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and to ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect it.
Sharing your personal data
5. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. I will not sell it on or use it for unethical reasons. However, I may have to share your personal data if subpoenaed by court. Records are stored and kept securely in a locked filing cabinet. No identifying names/ material is retained on these records.
How long do I keep your personal data?
6. I will keep personal information for five years for insurance reasons. Your phone number will be deleted 1 month after our work finishes.
Your rights and your personal data
7. You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
i. The right to access information I hold on you
ii. The right to correct and update the information I hold on you
iii. The right to have your information erased
iv. The right to object to processing of your data
v. The right to data portability
vi. The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought.
vii. The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
viii. The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. When exercising any of the rights listed above, in order to process your request, I may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases I will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
9. Please contact me if you have any questions about this General Privacy Notice, or the information I hold about you, or to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints. You can contact me at:
10. You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, via their website www.ico.org.uk or by post at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
General Privacy Notice